Allow non-admin users to change driver settings in Windows 10.

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there a way to allow non-admin users to update and change driver settings in their laptop. The laptops are not connected to any network.

I don't want to give the users complete admin access to the users and also not have them install or uninstall any other software into the laptop. Does adding the user to "Power User" help?

If the only way to do so is to give them admin access, is there a way I can create an admin user with restrictive access.

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
I want to be able to change the USB port settings such as the bits per second?

Reaction score
I want to be able to change the USB port settings such as the bits per second?
So the goal is to limit use of the computers features? The usual purpose of the Standard User Account is to limit what they can do to the computer such as hardware support and installing or changing programs.

Reaction score
I find it an odd request, but, why not ask the "users" what they want and do it for them? (I am assuming you are an Admin)

If you are not familiar - unhide everything in the Device manger, select the device where you wish to make the changes. Right click and see what can be altered to their taste. Only problem is, assuming again, that you have more than one user, what is good for one may not suit others.

Reaction score
We are trying to limit the standard users to make a lot of changes to the exiting software. But during test we found that there was this one feature they need to change depending on the job. I cannot change it for them since most of them work remote.

From what I have read everywhere the only way to do is add the user to local admin group. If so, is there a way to restrict their access just to device manager and not allow them to install/uninstall software in their domain?

Reaction score
From what I have read everywhere the only way to do is add the user to local admin group. If so, is there a way to restrict their access just to device manager and not allow them to install/uninstall software in their domain?
Might be but from what I understand about permissions the computers would need the Pro or maybe Enterprise edition of Windows to properly run Group Policy changes.

Reaction score
I cannot change it for them since most of them work remote.
in that case, TeamViewer would be an option. You will be able to remotely access the remote computers and do what needs to be done.
I do not know how many remote pc's there are but with a few pc's this would be manageable (I mean less than 10 maybe).

There is a reason why standard users do not have access to system files and programs because they sometimes screw up.

Reaction score
in that case, TeamViewer would be an option. You will be able to remotely access the remote computers and do what needs to be done.
I do not know how many remote pc's there are but with a few pc's this would be manageable (I mean less than 10 maybe).

There is a reason why standard users do not have access to system files and programs because they sometimes screw up.
This is a very good suggestion, TeamViwer works extremely well. Though I'm still confused as to exactly why users need to change their USB port speed?

Ask a Question