SOLVED Undamaged after recently allowed Remote assist but a tiny remnant...

Reaction score
I recently allowed some people from a major trusted company to assist me through some 'hiccups' and they installed 3 apps allowing them to remotely control my PC. No damage was done and I am very IT knowledgeable and I swear I was not 'hacked', believe me as I have investigated oh so thoroughly. I hurriedly uninstalled all 3 apps including their installers after the assisters' work was completed just to be on the safe side, but there is one teensy lingering thread of a thing that I am unable to rid my system of. See if you can help me find the way. It was part of the app package called "RemotePC", a product of "IDrive", and that lingering effect is a device appearing every time I reboot called "RemotePC Graphics Adapter". Of course it's a simple matter for me to manually remove it after each boot. I've looked for ways to rid it permanently, like under Task Manager Startup tab and under the Services tab of MSCONFIG.EXE. No luck. Where else could it be hiding please? I also tried Uninstalling the device (ie removing the driver) using Windows-10 Security button under the General tab of the device's Properties; but afterward I found it had simply morphed into "UDE Client" and still loads each reboot, arggh! Just now I tried Disabling the device again via that Security button, and it STILL persists loading upon reboot. I am certain this remnant thing IS HARMLESS but I do so hate clutter.

Reaction score
Uh never mind, not sure how I did it (possibly when I removed several residual RemotePC entries from Windows Firewall Exception list) but that UDE Client no longer shows up in Taskbar as a removeable device, only appears under Devices listed within Settings. It's out of the immediate way. I am satisfied so I'll mark this solved, thanks all.

Ask a Question