Reinstall scanner on an HP All-in-one printer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience in getting software/drivers for an HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one printer? I need to readd the scanner, Since I'm running Windows10 the disc I have is not compatible on my Toshiba laptop. I cannot get any help out of HP. Cannot locate the appropriate software/drivers on the HP site either.

Reaction score
Reaction score
thanks - I tried using what sent in your response. That goes into installing the printer - and I just need the scanner part - and it does not recognize the printer through my wireless connection. Maybe I will try again this time turning off the printer during the install.
Thanks again

Reaction score
But you know what - the Windows Fax and Scan on my laptop lets me scan - thanks much for that tip.:)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
and I just need the scanner part -
You can't extract certain parts like that...you have to reinstall the whole thing.

When you install a printer for the first time or 100 times later...the install procedure is the same. Make all cable connections, load the driver software and run it. If a wireless printer, click the wireless tab or continue with USB. Then follow on screen prompts. During this the install software will tell you when to power on printer. Doing before this will corrupt the install.

Reaction score
But you know what - the Windows Fax and Scan on my laptop lets me scan - thanks much for that tip.:)
You're welcome. A nice thing about Windows has always been having 2 or more ways of accomplishing the end goal.

Ask a Question