Remote install of application

Reaction score
Im new to power shell, and have been tasked with installing an application on remote hosts over the network.
The application doesn't have an .exe or .msi to install it, just need to copy folder to directory. I am currently manually
using a flash drive, and would like to do it remotely. Is there a way to make a PS script to do this that I can drop in
the host name and run the install from my desk?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Jaw001,

this might be what you need but it is pay to use software:

If you are using a server, maybe group policy can do what you want?:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...o-remotely-install-software-in-windows-server :)

Thanks wolfie for your reply, but im not looking to do it threw GPO, I simply want to copy a folder (installed location) then add it to a remote hosts in the same directory location on several remote host via a ps script in one shot.

Reaction score
Hi Jaw001,

assuming you are sitting at a central terminal where all the other PC's are connected, could you not do it through remote access instead of going from PC to PC with a USB stick?. :)

Reaction score
Hi Jaw001,

assuming you are sitting at a central terminal where all the other PC's are connected, could you not do it through remote access instead of going from PC to PC with a USB stick?. :)

Its not any faster then with usb. But yes I want to script it to install through remote access to some 700+ users. Id like to be able to either copy/past host names, or pull them from a .csv file, then run the script. I know this is possible, just need help with script, :)

Reaction score
If it solved the problem, please mark it as such so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question