Remove Windows 10

Reaction score
Is it possible to remove the Windows 10 update from my desktop and return to my original operating system?

Reaction score
Possible, yes.
Need more info from you.............

1. What operating system you were using before installing Windows 10.
2. After installing Windows 10, have you deleted the Windows.old ?
3. Do you have, or have you made an installation disk of the "original operating system"

Reaction score
I also have a problem with this. Installed Windows 10 last Thursday, wish to return to previous which was W7. When I click on recovery it tell me files are not available/ been removed, I have certainly not deleted any thing ? System appears up to date. Have back up of previous system on portable drive.

Reaction score
I was In Windows 8.1 when i installed Windows 10. As I was unhappy with 10, I uninstalled it:
To remove KB3035583 ( Windows 10 update). Open Windows Update and Click "Installed Updates" in the bottom left corner.
To quickly find KB3035583 either do a search or a sort. Right Click on it and choose "Uninstall"
When you select to uninstall this update, you will be asked to confirm and then you will need to restart your computer.
Once your computer restarts, the system tray icon and resulting dialog will go away permanently

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. I guess my main annoyance with this new operating system is that it takes much longer to startup now and I used to go to my quick hotmail icon and be see all my e-mails, but now it will only show the most recent 2 or 3. I have to actually login to hotmail now to see the whole inbox. Is there a way to get around this and/or the slower startup?

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses. I guess my main annoyance with this new operating system is that it takes much longer to startup now and I used to go to my quick hotmail icon and be see all my e-mails, but now it will only show the most recent 2 or 3. I have to actually login to hotmail now to see the whole inbox. Is there a way to get around this and/or the slower startup?
I solved that issue by going to Microsoft and downloading windows live essentials 2012 which includes windows live mail app and I now have all my email in one app and it shows them all. As for slow startup, well not much I've been able to do there on mine either.

Reaction score
I solved that issue by going to Microsoft and downloading windows live essentials 2012 which includes windows live mail app and I now have all my email in one app and it shows them all. As for slow startup, well not much I've been able to do there on mine either.
Thank you!

Reaction score
10 is the best. Why would you want to remove it?
Not everyone has had a great experience with the upgrade for many different reasons. And there will always be those that liked the system the were already use too like windows 7 etc. The fact that you seem to love it is cool. Some will, some won't.

Ask a Question