SOLVED Replacement for ExplorerPlus 6.2 by Novatix

Reaction score
Hi:
I've been using ExplorerPlus (free) in Windows XP (32 bit) & love it. However, it doesn't work properly in Windows 10 (64-bit). Symantic bought out Novatix & discontinued it.

I need something that has 2 panes, a dropdown arrow to search my most commonly used folders, & have the ability to sync folders.

Does anyone know of a good replacement for Windows Explorer or ExplorerPlus?
Thank you in advance!

Ad

Advertisements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not used a Windows Explorer alternative for a long time, so can't comment on details - but there are two main contenders that may work for you:

Maybe give them both a try and see which works best :).

Reaction score
I've not used a Windows Explorer alternative for a long time, so can't comment on details - but there are two main contenders that may work for you:

Maybe give them both a try and see which works best :).
Thank you for your advice. I will try these.

Reaction score
I have both the paid-for Total Commander and FreeCommander [on different machines], have 2 panes and may be close to what you want. I got mine at http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/file_managers_41d9.html and saw many more. There is one called Q-Dir that has 4 panes.
Thank you for your information. I have heard of Total Commander, but forgot about it. I will give it a try. I really appreciate all the advice that I get on this forum!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question