Ridiculous

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This has got to be the most silly thing I've read lately.
https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10s-next-major-update-wont-name-countries/

IF "autumn" is a solution then I would think that I could live with Autumn, but what about the southern hemisphere where the seasons are reversed.

Who was the guy that thought seasons would be a good idea to include in the naming convention of an Operating System.

Reaction score
Its gonna get more trickier if the "fall" update 2018 comes out. does it mean it will be an Autumn 2 update or will it be named as Autumn, just in different languages since this update is suppose to be released every September??

Reaction score
Trouble I have to agree with you. What is,MS thinking what's wrong with using the calendar, or Creator version: I, II, III IV.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was thinking they could name it something like
"OMGNAO"

Short for "Oh My God Not Another One"!

Reaction score
Even the linked page has missed the point. The difference, as Trouble says, is the season in different parts of the globe, not the name.
It might even turn out to e "fail" update, not fall. But MS cannot blame that on a spelling error.

Reaction score
"there’s a huge problem with the name: “Fall” is known as “Autumn” in some regions." :rolleyes:

Some regions?, do they mean like the rest of the world apart from the United States?, to appease my German speaking friends, I think we should call it "Herbst Update" in Central Europe!. ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suspect that, that's more or less how we'll be referring to them, historically
1507 = 10.0.10240
1511 = 10.0.10586
1607 = 10.0.14393
1703 = 10.0.15063
The other is a bit nonsensical
We had one called "November", one called "Anniversary" one called "Creators" and a pending one called "Fall Creators". MIght as well call one "Fluffy Blue Bunnies" as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Especially in the U.S.
I will never forget introducing my wife from New England to my family from the hills of Kentucky.
I felt like a U.N. translator, continuously answering "What did she say" and then "What did they say"
Fortunately having grown up in Northwest Indiana I was able to speak both languages.

Ask a Question