Ruined and Barely Start/Menu Bar

Reaction score
I have been using windwos since it made it's first public release after BETA. I have recently beoming into this problem where after a while of using Chrome (unsure if this is the cause of the problem), it will mess up the entire menu bar, and it becomes barely usable. Everything comes into wonky places, and just because it shows a button there, does not mean it will work. I cannot even right click on the bar and do anything because it comes up with a small bar with no text.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    595.8 KB · Views: 629

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
In your screen shot....can you point out what exactly are you talking about. Take screen shot, then open it in paint, add pointers, save it and repost screen shot.

Reaction score
I have had a lot of problems with chrome very much the way you describe.
Win 7 also didn't like it.
I have not installed it on any of my Win 10 PCs as i have been using Firefox for many years with no problems. ;)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks to me like you have either.....
1. Some possible third party program or service causing you some grief. Try Clean Booting the system and see if that provides any relief. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
2. Possible user profile corruption. Try creating a new user (as a member of the local administrator's group not a Standard User) See if logging in as a new user helps.
3. Potential system file issues. Try using the native System File Checker and see if it finds any issues.
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) in the command prompt window type
sfc /scannow
hit enter
see what it produces.

Ask a Question