SOLVED Forced Windows 10 Update Ruined my Computer? Need help.

Reaction score
Hello, I currently own an HP laptop with a core i3 processor and have had problems with Windows 10 installing itself into my computer.

Yesterday, I was doing homework for Physics until I recieved a notification that Windows 10 was going to update soon (which seemed okay to me). That is until I I came back after class to listen to music and read a few blogs to blow off some time when Windows 10 decided it was going to install itself in the middle of a Youtube video I was watching. After waiting an hour an a half for this forced update, it seemed that Windows 10 was finally finished rudely asserting itself onto my computer (lol). I was really looking forward to Windows 10 actually and was actually quite optimistic about the update when it first started.

That is until, a loading screen emerged for a very long period of time. A blue screen and several white circles which were spiraling around the middle of the screen and was stuck there for a good 15 minutes. Every few seconds or so the screen would flash grey now and then, though nothing else seemed to be happening for a while. Eventually, I finally got into the login screen when a notification appeared, it read:

"LogonUI.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x0000018FC6B54E46 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read

Click on OK to terminate the program"

Instead of doing anything about the notifciation, I simply moved it aside and tried to login anyway. Which did absolutely nothing other than getting stuck on yet another loading screen.

Seeing that I really had no other option, I clicked "okay" on the same notification that I had pushed aside. Which, again, did nothing, and in fact actually sent me back to same blue loading screen I had began on in the first place. Any help would be appreciated, I tried forcefully turning it off by holding down the power button and tried CTRL + ALT + DELETE although to no avail (I did this over three times), yet the same problem keeps reoccuring and I desperatley am in need of assisstance. Thank you.

Reaction score
Sounds like you didn't allow it to finish. Sounds like you ignored the update until it decided to update then tried to rush it. Needs to go to PC repair shop to reset back to factory or possibly replace. You could do this but could take all day or night to fix,

Reaction score
Sounds like you didn't allow it to finish. Sounds like you ignored the update until it decided to update then tried to rush it. Needs to go to PC repair shop to reset back to factory or possibly replace. You could do this but could take all day or night to fix,

I actually did let it finish, it's just stuck on the loading screen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Disconnect all peripherals. Anything connected to a USB port on the laptop especially any USB dongles supporting wireless keyboards, mice or networking.
Additionally, if you have it attached to your network with an Ethernet cable, try unplugging that as well.
See if it will complete the upgrade installation.

Reaction score
Disconnect all peripherals. Anything connected to a USB port on the laptop especially any USB dongles supporting wireless keyboards, mice or networking.
Additionally, if you have it attached to your network with an Ethernet cable, try unplugging that as well.
See if it will complete the upgrade installation.

I just tried it. When I restarted, nothing seemed to happen. It's been on the same blue loading screen for about thirty minutes now. The only thing this happens to be connectes to now is my wifi.

Reaction score
I just tried it. When I restarted, nothing seemed to happen. It's been on the same blue loading screen for about thirty minutes now. The only thing this happens to be connectes to now is my wifi.
My notebooks computer camera now shows me upside down when I use the camera, and I have the MOM.implementation error when I STARTUP, so WIN10 has caused my ASUS Notebook several issues since I upgraded to WIN10. Anyone know how to fix?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have the MOM.implementation error when I STARTUP
That typically means that something is up with your AMD Catalyst driver for your GPU.
Go to ASUS support site for your specific notebook and download the latest offering they have for your Video card.

Reaction score
My notebooks computer camera now shows me upside down when I use the camera, and I have the MOM.implementation error when I STARTUP, so WIN10 has caused my ASUS Notebook several issues since I upgraded to WIN10. Anyone know how to fix?

Wait, why are you commenting on this thread?

Reaction score
Anyway, this is as far as I get. The notification is the LogunUI.exe - Application error thing I talked about earlier.
QlszsOH.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does your computer have a hard disk activity light? IF so....
Is it flashing?

Reaction score
Yes, actually. There is definitely something flashing, though it faintly disapears after a short period of time.

Reaction score
Give it some more time. If the hard drive light is flashing then Windows is probably finishing up all of its updates. Might take a long time depending on your computer. I have seen the initial setup take almost 2 hrs on slow computers.

Reaction score
Sure. It's still updating even when I can access the login screen? It's been doing this all day.

Reaction score
Never did see if you went from 7 or 8.1 to 10 or model number of laptop. Which ever if you are sure it completed you have choice of going to Settings-Update-Check updates then let it update. Have it plugged in and don't use laptop until finished as it could take awhile. Other option is go to Microsoft site and download creation disk to USB and reinstall windows. You could however go back to previous system by using Repair this PC. Which ever option you use could take hours to complete.

Reaction score
Do you have a finger print scanner on your laptop? I found a few solutions doing a search. Not sure if we are allowed to post URL's so I didn't. But I'm reading it might have to do with either a finger print scanner or video card drivers that the update deleted.

Reaction score
Never did see if you went from 7 or 8.1 to 10 or model number of laptop. Which ever if you are sure it completed you have choice of going to Settings-Update-Check updates then let it update. Have it plugged in and don't use laptop until finished as it could take awhile. Other option is go to Microsoft site and download creation disk to USB and reinstall windows. You could however go back to previous system by using Repair this PC. Which ever option you use could take hours to complete.

I originally started with Windows 8.1. I can't access settings because it's always stuck on the loading or the login screen. I own a HP 15-d053cl Touchsmart notebook (I just figured it out).

Reaction score
Good news everyone, I finally found a solution. I had to restart my computer and hold down the F8 key before the HP logo appeared on my screen. This put my computer in safe mode where I was given several options to recover my computer. I simply did the 'reset my PC' option and after a while, Windows 10 reinstalled itself on my computer. Thankfully, all of my files were recovered and my PC had successfully updated itself and I was able to access my computer once again.

In fact, I'm currently using Windows 10 on my Laptop as we speak! Thanks for the help anyway.

Ask a Question