Mouse jumpy after forced Creators Fall Update

Reaction score
Hi

every time I sleep my PC then wake it the mouse is jumpy all over the place and can not be used, I have to shutdown & restart the machine?? - its only started since the Fall Creators Update was forcibly installed by Windows 2 days ago, I did install this update a month back but had problems with it so reversed it with my backup images... now 2 days ago windows installed the update without my consent as they are rolling it out now, ever since when I sleep the PC it does this, I need to use sleep too as I use a RAM drive and dont want it writing to my drive every time i shutdown, faster startup too...

Ive done some research and this seems to be very common and other people are reporting that its the sound driver... but thats not the case here as ive uninstalled it (used windows driver) and installed the VIA Audio Driver and still the same...

Can anyone help?

thanks

Reaction score
HI 1bit,

what make and model do you have?, that may help to solve your problem. :)

Reaction score
home built PC... 3rd gen INtel on Gigabyte H77-D3H - 12GB RAM = 1Gb Nvidia GTX 650 - worked for years without change - cumulative update is installed and mouse is dodgy from waking up from sleep and is now doing it when first booting into windows

I have a backup image to restore too,,, the fix has not worked, in fact when i turned it on this morning it done the usual so i rebooted and coming into windows it was jumpy again but not as bad then calmed down..??

what should I do here? I dont want to keep restoring my SSD because of windows dodgy driver updates as thats writing 100GB to my SSD every time I do that, I guess I will have to do it once then stop the updates, perhaps I should roll back to windows 7 as I loathe window 10 with all its telemetry and writing to SSD constantly

Reaction score
Generally after a major windows upgrade there will be some hardware drivers that need to be reinstall to the propriety drivers for the device. Windows after every major and some general updates over writes your hardware drivers with Windows native ones. Otherwise with older hardware sometimes we'll have to find driver that will keep these older devices working under windows 10. or simple upgrade to more modern hardware

Reaction score
Have you also tried moving the mouse to a different USB port, that may help but I would go the drivers update route first!. :)

Reaction score
theres no driver for the USB Optical mouse... its just bog standard MS driver thats been used on Windows 10 for 3 years now, Ive tried different ports and triple checked all my drivers..

Reaction score
i doubt it, as it only does it when coming out of sleep, if you reboot its fine, if the mouse was dying it would be jumpy all the time, I have another USB optical mouse I will try that

Reaction score
So this is new information, your issue is that the mouse driver is not loading properly when your computer wakes up from sleep? So is you don't let your computer go to sleep you would have no issue?

Reaction score
its NOT new information? read the original post? :confused: I'm not making stuff up as I go along as your making out that Iam (New Information lol)

also, I use sleep for a reason, I shouldnt have to avoid it because of dodgy updates by MS... if you do some research you will find that its a very common issue with windows 10.. I use sleep for fast resuming and i allow to sleep to save power, not only that but I use a RAM-drive and if i let it shutdown all the time it will write 2GB to my SSD each shutdown, and I dont want to eat up write cycles just because windows is iffy with sleep now after an update

I should not give up the use of sleep just because of dodgy MS updates screwing my drivers up... thats like saying dont get the drivers side car door fixed and just get out the passengers side from now on and everything is fine... makes no sense, issues have to be addressed, I wouldnt go around telling people on forums to LIVE with their problem, it doesnt look very good on your part (just saying thats all)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so this thread got long I missed your opening statement.
Issues with waking up from sleep are not new they have been around since the inception of sleep mode. I have never had a computer that would recovery from sleep with everything working I guess I'm just unlucky. For me my notebook boots in about 20 seconds or less. So I have just determined that I would not use sleep mode.
Basically if you look around a lot of forums you'll see this issue everywhere, the ones that don't seem to have issues are very low end computer with low tech hardware and software tablets and what not. I apologize for making you feel that I thought you were adding new info. It is a windows issue and I have never seen a solution for high end high tech multitasking users.

Ask a Question