Rundll error on start up and System Tray Icons are bouncing left like a heart beat.

Reaction score
After the latest Windows update when ever I shut down or restart computer, I get the Rundll error which states : "There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\logiLDA.dll. The specified module could not be found. " In addition the system tray is constantly bouncing. I don't know how to get it to stop. Nor do I know what specified module could not be found. What are my steps that need to be taken to correct both issues? If I could uninstall the last update I would.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The Dynamic library link file (.dll) your error message is reporting belongs to Logitech's Setpoint Software package.

My guess is this has set up a Registry entry for the Logitech Download Assistant, to allow it to run on boot up of your computer, with the purpose of seeking updates.

This is something that you can do manually, should you need to keep the software installed on your computer.

I'll post some instructions you can follow to remove the Registry entry if it is present:
  • Press/Tap your Windows key once to give focus to the Cortana search box
  • Now type cmd into the search box, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys simultaneously together
  • A User Account Control dialog will prompt you - click Yes
  • You should now see the Administrator: Command Prompt console. At the prompt type or copy & paste the following:

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 10 use this command:
    Code:
    reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows 10 use this command instead:
    Code:
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

• Press enter key to execute this command

Sample image showing results of command for a 64-bit version of Windows 10

Sample.png

In this sample you can see I have two items that load as computer boots up or Runs:
    • SecurityHealth [ SecurityHealthSystray.exe], and
    • SysTrayApp [ sttray64.exe ]
In your case, you are looking to see whether the following is present:​
  • Logitech Download Assistant [ LogiLDA.dll,LogiFetch ]

• If Logitech Download Assistant is present, then at the prompt inside your Administrator: Command Prompt console, type or copy & paste the following command:

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 10 use this command:
    Code:
    reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Logitech Download Assistant" /f

If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows 10 use this command instead:
    Code:
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "Logitech Download Assistant" /f

Press enter key to execute

This will permanently remove the Registry value allowing the Logitech Download Assistant to run on bootup of your computer.

• When done, simply type exit and press enter key to close the console

If you do not feel comfortable modifying your Registry as per the instructions above, you can do the following instead:
  • Tap/press your Windows key once to give focus to the Cortana search box
  • Type task manager then press Enter key
  • When the Task Manager windows opens select the Startup tab

Note:
    If the Task Manager window opens like the image below, click More details to be able to see the tabs

Sample image of Task Manager window when its displaying minimal information and not tabs

TM.png

• When you have the Startup tab selected you may see the Logitech Download Assistant listed. If you see it here, simply right-click on it and select Disable.

By disabling it here, this will prevent it from starting up when you boot your computer.

Hope that helps you with the issue you raised. Assuming it does resolve the error message, let us know, and also, let us know whether that also resolved the secondary issue you mentioned re the bouncing systray.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thank you Regedit32. This process did eliminate the message on startup. I am still getting the system tray bounce though. Any thoughts on that? I see a white box flash next to the clock. To the left of this box the icons bounce to the left alternate to the flashing.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I can't say I've come across a white square bouncing on the systray before.

Are you certain it is a square. I know you can see a white circle with a hole in it, pop up briefly from time to time.

That is the System letting you know an app has located your location.

If that is what it is, you can manage what apps have access to your Location by going to Start | Settings | Privacy then on the left pane select Location. Here you can turn it off altogether, or scroll down and toggle off individual apps that currently have permission to access your location.

Another possibility, is that you have a current update that has downloaded via Windows Update Service silently, and now its attempting to advice you that it needs attention. That usually displays like a white Microsoft flag, with a yellow circle in it, just to the right of the chevron (^) n the systray.

Another possibility is something is temporarily alerting you, then hiding again in Hidden icons section, that you access by left-clicking that ^ symbol on your systray.

Other than that, the only other thing that might alleviate it would be to run a system file check:
  • Tap/Press the Windows key once to give focus to the Cortana search box
  • Type cmd then press Ctrl +Shift + Enter keys together simultaneously
  • When the User Account Control prompts you, click yes
  • At the command prompt type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    SFC /SCANNOW

Press enter key to execute the command

• When it's done, type exit and press enter key to close the Administrator: Command Prompt console

Note: If it reports it found an issue and repaired it, or failed to repair it, then re-run the previous command: SFC /SCANNOW

Sometimes, you need to run this command 3 or more times to fix any issues that may be found.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi again,

I just re-read your original post and noted the wording you used in its title re the system tray icons bouncing 'left like a heart beat'.

That would imply another application is running in the background and causing icons to move out the way so it can take a seat on your System tray.

Something that may resolve that for you would be the following:
  • Press your Windows key + I together to open the Settings window
  • Select Personalization
  • On the left pane select Taskbar
  • Now, on the right pane scroll down to the Notification section, then click the hyperlinked: Select which icons appear on the taskbar
  • Here, you can toggle on/off individual items

What I am thinking though is at the top of this list of items is a separate toggle for Always show all icons in the notification area

See what happens if you toggle that one to On

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'll give ur suggestion a try. It's actually a rectangle, however it may be the box that u can hover/select to minimize all windows to expose the desktop. I've never seen it flash/blink before today.

Reaction score
I'll give ur suggestion a try. It's actually a rectangle, however it may be the box that u can hover/select to minimize all windows to expose the desktop. I've never seen it flash/blink before today.

I also have two screens up using extend screen.

Ask a Question