Running out of HDD space

Reaction score
My pc is running out of hard drive space. its constantly adding in update patches i presume, i can hear that familiar buzzing sound when i first log in. So much so i want to completely stop all the updates. Currently the HDD is 402 out of 425...just last year it was around 415 out of 425. Ive already uninstalled one browser havent used in a while...maybe one more less used program. And no i dont have any way to upgrade the HDD interms of shelling out monies.

any thoughts

Reaction score
Are you a game player? They consume a lot of space!
Buy, fwiw, I am basically a NON game player. I have existed, in a dual boot (Windows 10 and 11) since the innovation of Windows 10. My My ssd is 128gigs.

Have you tried the clean disk tool in Windows or, alternatively, MS new version in "Settings- System - storage?

Reaction score
Run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner to clean out temporary file storage. If you are in question about where all your space is being used. Try the following program.

WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows.
The treemap represents each file as a colored rectangle, the area of which is proportional to the file's size.

Ask a Question