Monitor stuck on power saving mode , but hardware still running ,when use sleep or hibernate

Reaction score
When modes sleep or hibernate are used , hardware remains active and video monitor enters and get stuck on power saving mode.
As sleep mode was causing the issue frequently I decided to enable the hibernate button but even with hibernate occasionally the issue occurs.
Seeking for on Google I´ve not been able to find a solution .
Needing some help. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hibernation is mostly used by battery-operated computers, not by mains-powered ones.
Have you tried using the computer without the "Sleep" option activated? If so, does the monitor freeze at all?
Resetting the graphics driver with Win+Ctrl+Shift+B causes the screen to briefly go black if the monitor is still frozen.

Reaction score
Have you tried using the computer without the "Sleep"
No , because I need the "sleep" function. I use it to sleep the system when I go out for lunch or for any other reason every time I will go back soon. This avoids the pain that is to boot the system. I´ve just employed hibernate function as a workaroud.
When sleep fails as described Win+Ctrl+Shift+B does not restore the videoo.

Ask a Question