Scan to PDF option not available on HP Envy 7650

izy

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Windows 10, I'm not able to scan to PDF. Only option available is picture - JPEG. What am I missing?

Reaction score
A thought: Have you looked at Start, W section and Windows Fax and Scan? If TWAIN drivers are available it usually works.

Reaction score
On my machine that is under Windows accessories.

If Windows fax and scan can't find any scanner then.

Look at /windows/twain_64 and make sure it has the same files and directories as /windows/twain_32.

If not make them the same, Windows will need you to confirm you are an administrator. Reboot and see if it works.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern with HP printers not working correctly when upgrading to the FCU. It happened to me. There a reports of this on other forums.

Reaction score
The only issue I've seen for some of my clients is that HP printers are finicky when it comes to using USB ports, have needed the cable plugged into a USB 2.0 port, not the USB 3.0 port. I've not had the problem with an Officejet and Laserjet as they are attached to my Router via Ethernet.

Ask a Question