Scanning and PDF Files

Reaction score
Upgraded to Windows 10 and have an HP Officejet 6600. When I try to scan a document, I must go to the Scan and Capture feature. The document goes through the printer, shows up for me to file. But when I bring up the file, it is completely unreadable. In a way, the same thing happens when I try to open a PDF file. It opens with the conversion box or text encoding, but there is nothing to select to change the document to a readable document. Thought I needed JavaScript, but read it is already installed. Thought I needed Adobe Acrobat, but I can't seem to install that. Have no idea where to turn and makes it difficult to work at home. Any suggestions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that you may need to reinstall the printer and use the latest full package software from here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...e-Printer-series---H711/4322968/model/4323587

Completely remove the printer first.
Remove it from your printers folder and then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and remove any associated software package that you may have install originally.
Unplug it from your computer.
Reboot your computer.

Then pretend it's a brand new printer.
Do not plug it in until prompted by the installation package.

See if that helps.

Reaction score
It's possible that you may need to reinstall the printer and use the latest full package software from here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...e-Printer-series---H711/4322968/model/4323587

Completely remove the printer first.
Remove it from your printers folder and then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and remove any associated software package that you may have install originally.
Unplug it from your computer.
Reboot your computer.

Then pretend it's a brand new printer.
Do not plug it in until prompted by the installation package.

See if that helps.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but it did not work. Had to contact HP in order to get my printer to just work. Still have the problem of scanning and opening attachments that are pdfs. Plus cannot install Adobe Acrobat with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Adobe Acrobat is not needed with Windows 10. The default PDF reader is the Edge browser.
Maybe you should have a look in ´the defaults and ensure that you have got Edge set for PDF?

Ask a Question