Scan to SMB

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Here's my problem: I have a Konica Minolta bixhub 227 copier/scanner/printer (it's wireless). I have windows 10 on 2 laptops and a older pc. They have all been upgraded to Windows 10.

I have the scanner function on the printer set so I can pick which pc I want the scan sent to. It was working fine. A day or two ago, I don't know why but Microsoft 365 made me change my pc password to the same as Microsoft 365. So now, when I want to scan, the printer shows the message "login error' and the scan to pc function fails.

Last time this happened I changed the password (on the printer, I think) but I can't seem to find how to do it and everything I read in the printer manual tells me to do it through windows. I'm guessing it has something to do with my internal network and/or home group but I keep dead ending. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marianne

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF your password has changed for your SMB share you will need to change it on the printer inside the scan to pc, smb, user box settings.
In order to do that you will need to determine the IP address of your printer. You can usually do that from the printer control panel by either viewing the network configuration directly on the panel or printing a printer configuration page which should contain the IP address of the printer.
Then you'll need to open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chorme, Firefox, etc.,) and enter that IP address into the URL address bar at the very top of the browser (not the search box).
That should give you access to the internal functions of the printer through your browser, from which you can change the password for a particular user.

Ask a Question