Scanning stopped working

Reaction score
Hey guys.

We have a desktop computer with Windows 10 Home installed. We also have a MFC device Kyocera M5521cdw connected to the computer via Wi-Fi. Everything was working normally up until yesterday when the Kyocera Print Center (software for scanning) showed us an error saying "A problem occurred during scanning!". And it just won't scan. The printing is working fine but not the scanning. As far as I know, we didn't change any of the settings. I have tried removing the device, removing the software and doing a clean install but with no luck. We still get the same error. I have also tried updating Windows 10 and updating the firmware of the device but the problem persists.

Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this because we need the scanner ASAP. We have the same set up in the office but with Windows 10 Pro and the same thing happened there.

Thank you for your replies.

Reaction score
The first question I ask a client, does the Copy function in the printer itself still work? I hate to say it but I've never seen the print/scan issues many others do but it is probably because I use printers that are connected to the Router on my network by Ethernet cable and any computer on the network, Wired or Wireless/Wi-Fi, can print to them. I have the printer's Wireless and Bluetooth turned off. If the printer software isn't working properly it's possible the drivers still are so I check in Windows Accessories [Windows Tools on Win11] to see if it works there.

As a sidenote, I have seen issues where a printer is to use USB 2 but gets plugged into USB 3 ports.

Reaction score
It is a common widespread problem, Kyocera are aware of it and I believe they are working on releasing a fix which may come in the form of an updated version of the Kyocera Print Center app.

As an alternative in the meantime, you can try using the Kyocera Quick Scan software which may still function ok. If it is compatible with your model it should be listed under support and downloads for your model machine on the Kyocera website.

Last edited:

Ask a Question