Scanning

Reaction score
I used the windows scan app with my printer scanner to scan in a document to my desktop. I then used that scan to send as an attachment via email. Only later did I realise this also gave access for the recipient to look at all my photos!! Not a great problem as there wasn't anything indiscrete but how do I stop this happening the next time I need to send a scan as an attachment?

Reaction score
It sounds like you sent a link to your scan as opposed to a picture file as an attachment.

When I scan I use the printers scan utility. It just creates a file which can be attached. I have not used any App to scan so does the App seem to save the file the same way other utilities do. Did you send a One Drive link to the scan?

Reaction score
jewel Sorry to hear that your privacy has been jeopardized.
Check the properties of the scanned photo. It appears the app attached the path to you pictures library C:\users\jewel\saved pictures ? Be careful with Windows 10 there's so much that we don't know about how many of its apps and features operate. I would suggest you follow the procedure that saltgrass uses.
Thanks for the heads up.

Ask a Question