SOLVED Screen turns off after 30mins regardless.

Reaction score
Hello, so here's the problem; I'm using a Packard Bell Easy Note TE Laptop (forgot the actual model number), upgraded from window 7 to Win10. After 30 minutes from logging in, the screen turns off regardless of whether I'm using it or not and brings me to the log in screen, just as if I put it to sleep or something.. It doesn't seem to matter if it's plugged in or not and it doesn't matter what I do in the power settings. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps your screen saver is enabled ?
In the search bar next to Start, type screen saver on or off > top left, click Turn screen saver on or off > under Screen saver, Is it set at None ?

Reaction score
Ok I think I've figured it out, I have a SlideShow set for my lock screen and in Settings>Lock Screen>Advanced Slideshow Settings, there is an option to turn the screen off after the Slideshow has played for an amount of time, for some dumb reason it doesn't seem to be registering that a slideshow isn't playing so every 30 minutes the screen goes off.
I'm guessing this is a bug they will get round to fixing at some point so for the moment I've solved the issue by popping the setting on "Don't turn off" and doing a reset. Thanks anyway @davidhk129

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried doing that but I don't have a slideshow set on, neither I have the option of "turn off is slideshow has played for some time" if I try to turn on the slideshow. I get the same problem and it's kind of disturbing...

Ask a Question