SOLVED Search and website problems

Reaction score
I am brand new here so I apologize if this has already been addressed. Since the last update, I often can not open any search results at all once the page of results is displayed. If I keep playing with the settings to try to get the system to fix it, it will open maybe my Pandora and my Gmail, sometimes Facebook. Currently it won't open Walmart or ebay at all or - as I said - any of the search results for whatever I was looking for. I tried turning off my malware. I even tried turning off my firewall. Neither worked so I turned them back on. Can anyone give me any advise? I am very frustrated. Thank you. Katy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you advise.....
Are you talking about issues with the search results from a browser?
IF so can you further advise....
Which one?
AND
Which search engine you are using within that browser?

Reaction score
Yes, search from a browser. Firefox is my default but I have also tried Edge, Chrome, and Internet Explorer with the same results. I also tried switching search engines - Yahoo, Bing, Google, and also choosing the option that allows it to use several. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi Katy,

do you have any extensions installed in the browsers like "Ad Blocker" or something similar. For quite a while now, if you don't accept site cookies, the website will block you!. ;)

Reaction score
I uninstalled all my ad blockers last night. It is set to dump the cookies after I close the browser. I had unhooked the ethernet cable from my cable/router box to the computer and hooked it back up. This morning, I unhooked both the power and the ethernet cable for 30 seconds from the cable/router box. Then after it rebooted, I restarted my computer. Everything is working okay at the moment. I am hoping it continues to do so because I am not very tech savvy. Thank you all for your help.

Ask a Question