SOLVED lost window search in taskbar and explorer

Reaction score
Hello,
Directly after upgrade to version 2004 I cannot perform any search.
Tried a lot of things but no success :
- used troubleshooter
- restart option
- disabled bing from w10 search
- reset option
- rebuild index settings
- disabled cortana from w10 search
sfc /scannow and running Malewarebytes did give any problem
Before to go back on W10 1909 version I would ask if somebody has idea's ?
Regards
use W10 Pro, on HP laptop probook 6570b
P.S. something odd took place : in system info instead of HP 6570b it was noted as HP 6200 Pro SFF (which is a desktop)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Did the laptop come with Windows 10?

In the mean time, right click taskbar and in the popup make sure that the taskbar is not hidden or that the option to show search bar is checked/ticked.

P.S. something odd took place : in system info instead of HP 6570b it was noted as HP 6200 Pro SFF (which is a desktop)
Yeah....sounds like MS assumed to much with this upgrade. You have 10 days to roll it back before you're not allowed and can't go back.

Personally I found it still a bit buggy and luckily I have a USB drive with MS MCT 1909 and went back to that....clean install of course. Then deferred (suspended) any feature updates (20H1 - 2004) for 90 days.

If above suggestions don't work.....see if it will settle in for 24/48 hours and if it's sill problematic, go ahead and roll back.

Reaction score
Hello,
The laptop came with Windows 7 but until the 1909 version I had no "major" problems with the Window updates.
As I lost already 1 week since the laptop updated to 2004 I will downgrade to 1909 asap.
Perhaps the age (7 years) of the laptop starts to create problems
Downgrading to 1909 took only 30' and search is now working, but still noted as HP 6200 Pro SFF (do not think this can be a problem)
Wolfie and bassfisher6522 thanks for your help

Ask a Question