Lost my Windows defender scheduled tasks

Reaction score
Hello :) i was looking to stop windows defender for a while and catched up a few tutorials online.. so i managed to change some values in the Registry files and disable scheduled tasks.
When i wanted to turn it back on i had no problem with the registry values. but when i opened task Scheduler i found out that all the four tasks are missing !!!

Capture.png

All i need is that someone Export the scheduled Tasks ( .xml file ) so i can import em back. i can't turn on windows defender again!

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

Thank you.

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. But i don't understand why just simply not export the tasks and upload the files?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
But i don't understand why just simply not export the tasks and upload the files?
It might have something to do with a possible versioning issue.
I can't say that all four scheduled tasks are identical between the various builds, versions or architecture types, so....
Be careful what you wish for.
Mine are attached.... Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

EDIT: An additional consideration may also be the version of Windows Defender you are currently running.
MINE
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• 4 ScheduledTasks.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Reaction score
EDIT: An additional consideration may also be the version of Windows Defender you are currently running.
MINE
Thanks for your reply and your infos! i understand that it might be some differences but i had the plan of deleting the tasks in case it didn't work. i just didn't want to get a fresh install and install all my apps again while an easier solution may exist..
We have the same WD version. i'll try it now and see. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Follow these steps to restore Windows to an earlier restore point.
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Create a restore point, and click the top result to open the System Properties experience.
  3. Click the System Restore button.
  4. Click the Next button.
  5. Select the restore point that you want to use on your computer.

Ask a Question