Lost windows 10 password

Reaction score
When my wife starts her ASUS Windows 10 64-bit laptop computer, she gets a login screen with an "OK" button. When she clicks this button, she gets another screen with message "incorrect userid or password" error. However there are two userid's in the lower left corner of her screen: One is her "first and last name", the other is her gmail userid ([email protected]). Apparently these userid's are registered somewhere on her computer. If she clicks on xxx.gmail.com, she gets put into the "incorrect userid or password" error loop. If she clicks on "(e-mail address removed)irst name last name" she gets a box to enter her "PIN" and her computer works.

I know wife's userid, but not Windows 10 password. I would like to find this login password without resetting the computer. Any suggestions?

I would also like to disable the Windows 10 password login requirement and use only the "PIN". . Any help?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's extremely difficult to get a user's password from the computer, as a tech with a business I bought a program [bootable CD and expensive] a few years ago that usually allows me to remove passwords but won't display them.

Setting a PIN number does require retaining the password used when setting up the PIN number.

It can be possible to use one account with administrative rights to change another account or to activate the hidden Administrator account temporarily to do the same.

Ask a Question