SOLVED Edge update changed my preferred search engine

Reaction score
Hi...I really like Bing for my default search engine...I love the pictures every morning and I don't do a lot of searches.
The new update for Edge removed Bing. I've tried tutorials on Google and and on Edge...(vertical dots, etc, and horizontal dots, etc
A menu is supposed to come up with specified items....the menu which comes up for me is New tab, new private window, zoom,
favorites, and so on.
It says I've designated Bing as default but it doesn't show up...Can you help me figure out what I'm doing wrong or how to get it back?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The new update for Edge removed Bing
I'll assume by that you mean the new Chromium based version of Edge and not some update that was applied to the Legacy version
Capture3.PNG

IF so....
See if this works for you
Capture.PNG

That should produce the ability to perform the following

Capture1.PNG

Additionally you may want to

Capture2.PNG

In each instance IF you see the little disk icon adjacent to your changes or edits, that provides a mechanism to save your changes.
Be sure to click it.

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!! I've got it back again! Your directions were perfect!!!!

I don't remember it having the search bar through the middle of the picture though....But maybe it has to be that way.

Ask a Question