SOLVED Edge Problem - 1903 Update

Reaction score
After a no problems update of Win 10 ver. 1903, Edge now shows intermittant "Not Connected to the Internet" problems when trying to connect to a site. I can often immediately connect to the site with a second try. This can also happen when I am on a web page and try to open an article or run a video on the page. I have 98 MB timed download broadband. Could there be something in the settings that is doing this? Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Check your network connection's I am hard wired to my laptop and sometimes my cable hits the chair arm and brakes the connection. If you are using WiFi it may be another problem. You can try resetting your router before you log in each day.

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply Curt. I am hardwired too. Rechecked connections and rebooted modem to no avail. I.E. still works without this problem, though it is soooo slow. When no one answered and I read in other posts that soon Microsoft would no longer support Edge, I simply installed Chrome, which turned out to be trouble free and faster. Now that I've got it all tuned, and figured a workaround to get my Edge Favorites imported into Chrome Bookmarks, I couldn't be happier. All the best - Dennis

Reaction score
Dave, you are the man. At first I thought you meant the Settings in Edge, but when I couldn't find the Private choice, I went to Win 10, Start/Settings/Network&Internet/Status/Change Connection Properties and found that it was set as default to Public. I changed it to Private and the error has disappeared. At the same time, I'm going to stick to Chrome, with Edge as a fall-back, so I'll be ahead of the curve, for once, when Microsoft stops supporting Edge. Thanks for taking the time and the solution. Dennis

Ask a Question