New Edge Problem

Reaction score
I have used this site for 10 years now. and since the Anniversary Release, I cannot log in. After user name and password are typed in, the site does not respond to 'submit'. This has worked with IE and with Edge up until this Anniversary release. Going to the IE Emulation mode does not help. It works fine with other browsers, Chrome, Safari, Firefox,

https://www3.financialtrans.com/tf/FANWeb?tx=Disclaim&cz=b0011110800130204271715

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and from the context menu select Run
In the run dialog box type
iexplore -extoff
hit enter or click OK
Now type your problem website address into the URL address bar at the top of internet explorer and see if that helps

Reaction score
Right click the start button and from the context menu select Run
In the run dialog box type
iexplore -extoff
hit enter or click OK
Now type your problem website address into the URL address bar at the top of internet explorer and see if that helps

I appreciate you help. The solution you have provided appears to open Internet Explorer rather than coreecting whatever the problem is with Edge. Your suggestion works. For me it is simpler just to open IE11, or one of the other browsers.

Does anyone know what the problem is, or if MS has any intention of correcting it? I want to continue to work with Edge, but if I have to jump to another browser every day as I go through my morning routine!!! there are other options.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought your issue was with both IE and Edge.
IF you don't have an issue with IE or any other browser, except Edge .......
Sorry I'm not (as in never) an Edge user so I can't be of any assistance.

Reaction score
Check and see if the anniversary update has messed with your computer time/date. This is a common problem with your symptom. Otherwise, work through the advanced settings again.
Like Trouble, I do not use edge (now) but did in the past, for a short while.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Given IE is working one has to assume the SSL 2.0 and 3.0 are both ativated and that the various DLLs associated with secure websites are all registered fine.

That makes me wonder is it as simple as going to Edge's settings and turning off the popup blocker. Perhaps the submit form of that site pops up a new page?!

Failing that I'd email the sites IT staff and let them know the Submit form is not working in Edge. They may need to adjust their coding.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am trying each and ever one of them. And will try more is more come.

Not getting any responses from the websites IT staff. But I will continue to pester them.

Ask a Question