Microsoft Edge downloading updates not working

AGB

Reaction score
I have the latest updates but for some reason on my wife's Toshiba laptop when I try to download an update for a program such as Glary Utilities or Adobe or Smart Defrag, etc thru Edge it used to have Save, Save As or Cancel along the bottom. If you selected "Save" then the "Save Button would change to "Run" then it would install. Now Instead of haven the "Save" - "Save As" - "Cancel" next to each other now it shows "Save"
"Save As"
"Cancel" (See attached File)

on top of each other at the bottom of the screen. If You select "Save" or "Save As" It take you to Windows Explorer and gives you the option of saving it as a "txt" file only. When you try exiting the web page it says that the application is still downloading. I wait for a few minutes and nothing happens and again when I try to exit I get the same wait message. Following the internet directions and deleting Microsoft Edge and running the fix and rebooting then retried downloading an update with the same results. I can run the updates thru Internet Explorer with no problem.

Attachments

• microsoft edges Download appl.JPG
    microsoft edges Download appl.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 576
Reaction score
on your wifes Toshiba Laptop, have you checked Edge Settings, View Advanced Settings,
Downloads, Save downloaded files to : C:\Users\"username"\Downloads

AGB

Reaction score
on your wifes Toshiba Laptop, have you checked Edge Settings, View Advanced Settings,
Downloads, Save downloaded files to : C:\Users\"username"\Downloads
Yes I just did and changed it to "documents" tried and still the same results.

Ask a Question