Microsoft Edge Taskbar Icon is Invisible

Reaction score
Hi,

Since the latest Microsoft patches went on, Windows 10 has made the EDGE browser icon on my TASKBAR invisible...

Firstly, the Desktop Edge Shortcut is fine and displays the usual e on the blue bavkground. So i right-click it and choose Pin to taskbar... It pins it to the taskbar, but it the icon is invisible, the only way you can tell it is there is when the mouse hovers over it and you get the outline of a square. You can click the invisible icon from the Taskbar and it opens Edge fine...

I've tried to unpin, repin, restarted PC, nothing fixes it.

All other Taskbar icons are fine, just the Edge one is broken.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" key simultaneously, type or paste
"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\" into the "Run" box and click "OK". When File Explorer starts, scroll to the bottom and rename or delete "IconCache.db". Then sign off and back in or just restart the computer.

Ben

Reaction score
.......and ,if I try Chrome,then every time you open it you have to Sign in and then Verify with a code sent to your phone..........what a pile of crap!!!

Ask a Question