Search bar in Explorer freezes

Reaction score
On occasion, the search bar will not let me type anything in the box when I click on it. Sometimes, if I reboot, it will work Okay...

I am using WIn 10 Home edition.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 295
Reaction score
I found this nugget of news and perhaps relevant to my issue:

Link

Search Box Stuck or Not Responding in File Explorer

Here is a bug that is happening in Windows v1909 because of the new implementation. The problem with it is that it’s just that cursor is not blinking when you click on the box. Otherwise, it’s working just fine.

Type something and hit Enter to start the search
Now go back using the back button
Then click on File Explorer, and it will not display a blinking cursor, which gives you a feeling that it is not responding.
However, as soon as you press the down key/up key or type anything, it will start working again.

So if that’s what is happening with you, then it’s just the missing cursor, which should be fixed through a minor update.

Reaction score
After awhile that wasn't working but now I find that this link show how you can add a program that will terminate explorer and restart it
which amounts to what I had to do on a larger scale. i.e. I would restart windows and that would refresh the file explorer where
this restart program will just restart file explorer and unfreeze the search box. It is a restart explorer program

Link

Reaction score
Wanted to add this link. Apparently, in task manager. there is the option to restart Windows Explorer as stated here:

link

Ask a Question