SOLVED Secure Search

Reaction score
When I type a subject to be searched in my search bar, I get a phase of "secure search" after the subject. I was not clear on what this was or meant so I searched the web to find out. Immediately upon entering the search I was presented with numerous warnings and statements that Secure Search was spyware and it was recommended I remove it.

Given I have much more trust in the Windows 10 Forums than I do in the internet, I ask the question of my fellow members: Is Secure Search spyware or anything malicious I need to get rid of? Please advise.

Neinstein

Reaction score
To share: Since I have received no feedback from the Forum, and getting more anxious as time passed, I called the Gk Sqd. I the Total Tech Support. The tech listened to my story and then: checked out the alerts that I was receiving in MaFee; reviewed the posts on the internet; then checked extensions built into MaFee that were there should I want to use them. The tech advised that Secure Search was an extension built into MaFee that I could apply to any one or all of my browsers/search engines. The purpose was to identify any site that was unsafe or potentially unsafe before opening the website(s).

After a complete malware scan and a computer cleanup the the tech set the Secure Search to work with all of my browsers/search engines. I will see how this goes but I'm quite confident in the Gk Sqd after having them assist me for several years.

I consider this problem SOLVED

Just wanted to share,

Neinstein

Ask a Question