SOLVED Casper Secure Drive Backup Trial Edition - Smartstart Administrator

Reaction score
I wanted to swap a couple of SSDs around from an old laptop to my main desktop PC. It was all a bit complicated but I wanted to end up with a cloned 120GB ssd on a 1TB ssd inside my main desktop PC. To accomplish this meant cloning and swapping drives around 2 PCs and 1 laptop until everything was just as planned.
I tried a variety of free cloning apps to perform this one-off task, including Casper Secure Drive Backup (Trial edition) - SmartStart (Administrator).
To tell the truth, i've forgotten which app or apps actually got the job done now because one or another of them wasn't able to do the whole thing. After backing up data, etc., I wanted to start the cloning process on completely clean drives, free of former partitions.
Everything is fine EXCEPT for this.
Casper pops up whenever I attach an external drive, even though the trial period has now expired.
I cannot uninstall it. It does NOT appear in programs and features.
Is there a tried and proven way of getting rid of it?
I'm running the latest and ? version of Windows 10 home.

Reaction score
Hi jacercat,

press the Windows logo key + r and type "regedit" and navigate to "Software" (see pic below) and see if there is a folder for Casper and simply delete it and do a system restart!. :)

1610701724403.png

Reaction score
Have found the solution - Microsoft's "Fix It" utility, worked a treat. to[p marks to the Support team at Future Solutions (who produce Casper)

Ask a Question