SOLVED Popup: The server you're using is not secure

Reaction score
Hi JanBD,

it might help if you tell people what eMail service you are using?. ;)

Reaction score
I use ATT & Yahoo (I think that's what you mean....I'm 77 and don't know a whole lot! Had to ask what a
server is)....Thanks for asking for clarification.

Reaction score
Whereas I have been using T'bird on Windows for 15 years with no problems. Whatever works for you.

Or you could just use Gmail..but this does require selling your soul to Google!

Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea about Google.....I won't even use their website to search..(I use Bing)
Thank you for response. I heard back from the man who set up my computer and he thinks
it's the "incompetent people at Yahoo and ATT....and I should just ignore it. So confusing!
and it's not every email...just hit and miss.

Reaction score
Every body has a FAVORITE EMail Server, and almost everybody that has issues, offers a "possible Solution" then another says the "Solution SUKS" SUKS has never been a solution, has never helped due to the original problem needs to TRY the Solution and then decide for his/her self.... I use Hotmail, ATT (yahoo), and MS Mail and a Web Email. ea one works differently and I for one just tested my ATT-Yahoo and it has not give any popup for being Unsecure. I would suggest you do a FULL Adware, Malware Scan on your system. Also it might be a UNINSTALL complete scanned Removal or ATT (Yahoo) mail server..... scan your system FULL Adware, Malware. Reboot 2 times... then reinstall your ATT (Yahoo) Email server and see if you still get the popup.

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Have run all of the scans and Windows defender is always running. ...will try your other suggestions!

I hadn't thought of rebooting twice....this started after a reboot....and not with every email...just hit and miss. Will let you know how all of this works out!

Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea about Google.....I won't even use their website to search..(I use Bing)
Thank you for response. I heard back from the man who set up my computer and he thinks
it's the "incompetent people at Yahoo and ATT....and I should just ignore it. So confusing!
and it's not every email...just hit and miss.
You do know that both ATT & (Yahoo) have webserver backdoors. and Yahoo has been hacked so many times I have lost count.

Reaction score
Age 77 + been a Windows user since 1983, started MS Beta Testing in 1987. Had my own Computer Shop till 1999. Retired in 2000.
and folks you are never too old to not learn....

Reaction score
Thank you for encouragement! I restarted then ran scans again...spyware update stalled at 50% Failed....So restarted again, updated spyware and this time it completed. Removed those items and so far so good.
(This is funny, but when I was 19 and working as a bookkeeper in a bank, we got an IBM computer...the size of my living room sofa. My boss removed what looked like a furnace filter at one end of the machine, which had red and blue wires that he would change around when I switched from posting loans, to savings account postings. I had another OLD machine that popped and whirred which I did the actual books on. One would think I'd be savvy with computers starting out like that, but didn't get my own until about 10 years to do email!:) Thank you again for help.

Reaction score
I started in the US Army with punch card, (my own was IC Chip) change to get programs. a Epson Laptop, next was Desktop with Windows, floppy disk and decided it was easier to (How to reinstall without swapping all the disk in/out) MS offered a Beta Test application, and one solution was (How to stop swapping Disk to reinstall OS), No 2 was how to stop Installing a Program and make it always Log you as Owner.
finally I did finish both solutions, and was offered a Beta Tester Slot. To get into the site you had a Special Code to enter (Password) that was sent via snail mail from. Have been ever ever since... so never be ashamed to ask for help and there are many many folks with excellent info on how to. (I was told every early on. Make and Keep very good NOTES,

Reaction score
Wow...Impressive! I've learned quite a bit (at least my senior citizen friends think so) but still get really frightened when there's a problem....finances don't permit expensive projects., so thankfully I haven't had any major mishaps.
I do keep good notes...even a reminder taped to computer to restart at least once a week.
The pop up came up when I sent a test email to myself prior to this, hoping to say it's been resolved.

Reaction score
Here's where I am on this....have restarted and rerun Anti spyware twice. It removes 1 item. Pop up continues. Then tried restart again, and rerun spyware.....same item is there, and removes it...though It clearly is still there since I haven't been on the internet...only sent a few emails. I no longer believe this is a server issue, but what do I know?

Reaction score
I just discovered that Yahoo is updating security measures....so may be the issue with the popup re: server not secure.
I hope that will get sorted soon. Thank you to all who offered suggestions and help!

Reaction score
You can also give your PC a complete virus scan, what anti-virus are you using?. ;)

Ask a Question