Send To option not recognizing Mail as default email program, even when set as such

Reaction score
I had the same problem such that only Outlook was recognized as the default Email app.
I uninstalled Outlook, and selected Microsoft mail as the default.
In the Send to response was "no email associated". What has Microsoft done? ( This used to work well in Windows 10).

Reaction score
just upgraded to windows 10 and this issue has been bugging me, but i found the following solution:
1. set thunderbird as your default mail client
2. run regedit
3. navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Clients\Mail
4. change the value of (Default) from "Microsoft Outlook" to "Mozilla Thunderbird"

Reaction score
The only workaround to this issue currently is to choose "Share" in the right click context menu instead of "Send To". By clicking "Share" it will open the following dialogue which will then enable you to choose the default 'Mail' app. I've been using this for quite a while now and it works really well.

Share.png

Reaction score
Unable to resize a batch of photos using the built-in Windows 10 resize feature with the Send To option:
1. Open a folder containing photos.
2. Select some photos.
3. Right-click selected photos and choose "Send to."
4. Click on "Mail Recipient" in the listed options in the pop-out menu.
5. Notice that the "Attach Files" dialogue box displays.
6. From the drop-down menu, I selected "Smaller: 640 x 480"
7. An estimate of the new total file size is given... press the Attach button.
8. Notice that the progress of the file re-size operation displays, "Preparing to send."
ISSUE: receive error message, "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action..."
Comments:
Not true, I went into the Control Panel and associated the Windows 10 Mail program as the default email program. Please see attached screen shots as verification/clarification. Is there something I am missing? I am using Windows 10 Pro. Do you need any more information from me? Any help is much appreciated! This should be a simple, useful and expected process. Thank you for any help.

If resizing is your main goal, then:

Use the 'Send To' function, let it make its statement, and then go to the temp folder be entering "%temp%" in the search bar, and then select your resized photos from there. Its actually the quickest way, even if the original mail route is working. If you want to attach to email, then use the share function as previously stated. Has this already been suggested here?

Reaction score
I had an issue where when I right-click on a file in file explorer and select "send to" and then select "Mail Recipient", I received an error message, "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action...", and I then also found, that I had a problem with the control panel Mail "Application not found" for outlook 2016 the fix it turned out was repairing the registry for the Mail application not found. See https://www.repairwin.com/fix-application-not-found-in-mail-control-panel-item/

Reaction score
If resizing is your main goal, then:

Use the 'Send To' function, let it make its statement, and then go to the temp folder be entering "%temp%" in the search bar, and then select your resized photos from there. Its actually the quickest way, even if the original mail route is working. If you want to attach to email, then use the share function as previously stated. Has this already been suggested here?

I also get the error message. You have to grab the resized photos before you exit the error message. They are there in the temp folder until the error message is dismissed. Again, only helpful if you are using this function to resize your photos.

Ask a Question