Hotmail not sending new mail, then sending hundreds of the same email!

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lettie B, May 2, 2018.

1. Lettie B

Lettie B

This happened last week, OK I thought it was a one off, but it has happened again, yesterday.

I wrote an email, pressed send, a few minutes later I had a message to say there was an error with Outlook, the mail could not be sent. Try later.
    This was yesterday, today I looked at my mail, it had been sent at sometime overnight, but in my drafts box, (which I did not use) there were 722 drafts of the same message I sent, plus there were hundreds of the original message I was answering in my inbox!

Last time I went through them one by one to delete, there does not seem to be any other way to get rid of them, perhaps you know a way? Why is this happening?

Hotmail has been having errors almost every day, do you think it is because they want me to upgrade? which I don't want to do.

Any help out there will be a real help,
    Thanks in advance,

LettieB

Lettie B, May 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Lettie B

Grizzly

I do not think it is hotmail rather than outlook instead. What worries me, is that it stores hundreds of the same email in the draft folder. That points to a problem with outlook itself cause that is definitely not normal. Seems to be a setting related issue.
    Since I do not use outlook (never have), I unfortunately can not help you in this matter specifically..

Grizzly, May 2, 2018
    Lettie B likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Lettie B

Lettie B

Thank you for your reply Grizzly.
    You say you do not use Outlook, can you tell me who you do use?

I am getting on in years, but I have been using a PC since 1985, so not a beginner.(Before Windows!)
    I find it difficult to keep up with all the new things these days, lol

Lettie B, May 2, 2018
  4. Lettie B

Grizzly

I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and have been using it for more than a decade (I think since Version 3,actual is Version 52.7.0). I like the user friendlyness of it and the easy backup/restore of the profile.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Grizzly, May 3, 2018
  5. Lettie B

Lettie B

Thanks Grizzly,
    I was not thinking straight, you are in the US, and I am in Spain.

LettieB x

Lettie B, May 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question