Hotmail not sending new mail, then sending hundreds of the same email!

Reaction score
This happened last week, OK I thought it was a one off, but it has happened again, yesterday.

I wrote an email, pressed send, a few minutes later I had a message to say there was an error with Outlook, the mail could not be sent. Try later.
This was yesterday, today I looked at my mail, it had been sent at sometime overnight, but in my drafts box, (which I did not use) there were 722 drafts of the same message I sent, plus there were hundreds of the original message I was answering in my inbox!

Last time I went through them one by one to delete, there does not seem to be any other way to get rid of them, perhaps you know a way? Why is this happening?

Hotmail has been having errors almost every day, do you think it is because they want me to upgrade? which I don't want to do.

Any help out there will be a real help,
Thanks in advance,

LettieB

Reaction score
I do not think it is hotmail rather than outlook instead. What worries me, is that it stores hundreds of the same email in the draft folder. That points to a problem with outlook itself cause that is definitely not normal. Seems to be a setting related issue.
Since I do not use outlook (never have), I unfortunately can not help you in this matter specifically..

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Grizzly.
You say you do not use Outlook, can you tell me who you do use?

I am getting on in years, but I have been using a PC since 1985, so not a beginner.(Before Windows!)
I find it difficult to keep up with all the new things these days, lol

Reaction score
I am using Mozilla Thunderbird and have been using it for more than a decade (I think since Version 3,actual is Version 52.7.0). I like the user friendlyness of it and the easy backup/restore of the profile.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Reaction score
Thanks Grizzly,
I was not thinking straight, you are in the US, and I am in Spain.

LettieB x

Ask a Question