Stop automatic login of hotmail in edge browser? help.

Reaction score
Hi

On my laptop using Windows 10 with Edge browser or IE11 browser when I go to Hotmail (now Outlook mail) I must sign in....always.

On My Windows 10 desktop using Edge browser when I select Hotmail (now Outlook mail) it automatically signs into my Hotmail. This is not good if others were to use my computer, they have acccess to my Hotmail email.

How do I stop this automatic sign in from happening? I prefer to sign in every time like on my laptop. I have tried a few things with no luck.

Help appreciated.

ron3033

Reaction score
Press the Windows key+R. In the run box, type msconfig.
Click on the settings tab, in the left column scroll down to Microsoft Sign In Assistant, uncheck the box click on apply.

Note: Signing IN with a local account instead of your MS account will also disable the automatic log IN.
It would be foolish of you to walk away from your PC any time and leave it Open.
To prevent prying eyes, I use screen saver with Log IN. The key to PC safety and curios folks is Password, password, passwords.

Reaction score
Hi Norton
Thank You. The computer is pass worded to log in at the lock screen. But if I were to log in the lock screen, anyone who goes to sign into Hotmail automatically gets my account signing in and opening.
I will check and try the MS Config and untick MS sign in assistant. Thanks

Reaction score
It's Microsoft's way of expediting access across multiple synced devices. It's a pain in the Axx. And Yes! it's an invitation to prying eyes or workplace PC pranksters.

Ask a Question