SOLVED Program stopped saving character information

Reaction score
I've been playing Battle Slots for years. I've run it in compatibility mode with Windows XP as it is a really old game. It ran fine, a couple of months ago it stopped saving my character scores. I also notice I couldn't save some stuff from some office software either (Microsoft Works 6). Every time I go to play I have to recreate the character and start all over. This was ok for awhile but it's a real pain in the butt now, When I shut the program down it deletes all of the characters and score. There used to be a folder where it was saved in my Documents where it stored the data, now it's empty.
I uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times but still can't get it to work. I've even changed compatibility setting to Vista where it also worked, still won't save anything.
Does anyone know how to fix this??

Reaction score
I have been loading it from the original disc for the game. I have 2 and it doesn't work on either disc. It has to do with a security update, at least I think so. Problem is I haven't played it for awhile. I also have it on another computer and I tried moving the folder that saves the games in "My Documents", it wouldn't load that game I had saved either. Something in Windows is blocking it from saving anything from older programs.

Ask a Question