SOLVED Why has my Outlook/Hotmail stopped updating?

Reaction score
I have been running Windows 10 for almost a year, got updates set on automatic, but within the last week, I stopped getting new email.
If I go to Google and go to the Hotmail.com web link and then sign in, I can see and read new emails.

Google is my main browser, I hate Bing.

Any ideas?

Roger Beno,

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What email client are you using? The software that receives your emails. I use outlook 2016.

Reaction score
Probably your hotmail account has been upgraded to the new sync protocol so depending on which email client you're using you'll either have to delete the account & allow the device to automatically find the new server details or recreate the account manually using imap settings.

Incoming Server name:
imap-mail.outlook.com
Port: 993
Encryption method: SSL
Outgoing Server name:
smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port: 587
Encryption method: SSL

Reaction score
I just installed the brand new Outlook update with my own domain for twenty bucks a year, my pc will still not update when I click on Mail. My laptop runs a stand alone version of Windows 10 and has the same problem. I just have to use a browser and then go to hotmail before I can see my new mail.

Roger,

Reaction score
My Outlook calendar still works, but Outlook will not show me my new email.

Baset, thank you for your interest, but your suggestions are beyond my tech ablities, but you do give me the right kind of ammunition to give my young savvy friends.

Reaction score
You could also check the settings for downloading mail to see if it's set correctly - it should be set to 'all'.

Reaction score
Windows 10 just did another update, my mail is working again. My hard drive was grinding for better that four hours after the update.

Ask a Question