Outlook 2007 running in Windows 10 has corrupt PST file

Reaction score
I cannot find out how to fix a corrupt PST file. I tried to use the "FixIt" program from microsoft, but I get a message saying it won't run on Windows 10. I cannot find the SCANPST.EXE file and there is no Accessories/System/Inbox Repair tool in Win 10. Anybody have a fix for the corrupt PST file in Win 10?

Reaction score
I can only show you ...........Where is scanpst.exe in Office 2007
For 32-bit Windows;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\

For 64-bit Windows;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\

I don't use MS Outlook and I have no experience in using scanpst.
So, my contribution of this thread stops here.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks davidhk129. I did find the program using your suggestion. I ran it and scanned the outlook.pst file, but this did not fix the file.

Reaction score
I cannot find out how to fix a corrupt PST file. I tried to use the "FixIt" program from microsoft, but I get a message saying it won't run on Windows 10. I cannot find the SCANPST.EXE file and there is no Accessories/System/Inbox Repair tool in Win 10. Anybody have a fix for the corrupt PST file in Win 10?

The location of scanpst.exe is not at all based on the operating system, it is actually based on Microsoft Outlook version. What is your current Outlook version? I can show you the locations of scanpst.exe according to Outlook's version:
  • In MS Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI<locale ID>NT\scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI<locale ID>scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI<locale ID>
  • In MS Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
  • In MS Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
  • In MS Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
I hope this would be useful.

Thanks and kind regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The location of scanpst.exe is not at all based on the operating system, it is actually based on Microsoft Outlook version. What is your current Outlook version? I can show you the locations of scanpst.exe according to Outlook's version:
  • In MS Outlook 97/98: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Messaging\scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2000: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI<locale ID>NT\scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2002/XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI<locale ID>scanpst.exe
  • In MS Outlook 2003: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI<locale ID>
  • In MS Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
  • In MS Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
  • In MS Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15
I've found this information here in this blog post: How to Repair PST File of Microsoft Outlook?

I hope this would be useful.

Thanks and kind regards.

If you looked at the title, you would see that the OP was using 2007 version.
Version of operating system had never been specified in my reply to the OP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you looked at the title, you would see that the OP was using 2007 version.
Version of operating system had never been specified in my reply to the OP.

How fool am I! I'm sorry for that. I, of course, read the title. I don't know how I forgot that.

Was I right with my words that "The location of scanpst.exe is not at all based on the operating system, it is actually based on Microsoft Outlook version"?

Thanks for correct me dear.

Regards.

Reaction score
If you ever get a working pst file save it some place like Quicken/Old, also occasionally back up the good pst file someplace else. If things go bad again use "Account Settings" then "change "Folder" and select the location and file in "old". Of course you will get old entries but after that works go to the most recent backup. This has worked several times for me.

Reaction score
Anybody have a fix for the corrupt PST file in Win 10?
No idea where your scanpst.exe is. It doesn't matter which Win OS you're using, be it 10, 8 or any earlier, the scanpst.exe location as per Outlook 2007 is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

Sometimes scanpst.exe may fail or not work if corruption is severe. In such situation, Outlook users should try professional PST repair or recovery tools. There are many software companies in the market which provide such tools with free demo or trial version. First download demo or trial version for free evaluation. The best solutions are provided by DataNumen, OfficeRecovery, SysInfoTools, Kernel and Stellar.

I hope it would be helpful here.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question