SOLVED Servicing Stack update must have been important-2-14-2020

Reaction score
The servicing stack, KB4524244, on Friday must have some special significance. It was delivered on a Friday and shows up with the normal updates. Seems to be related to a Bitlocker (which I don't use) situation regarding Secure Boot.

My system even experienced a BlueScreen about the same time after I had left it in Sleep mode. There was no dump file generated but the message was Internal Power Failure. This Desktop system has never had a Blue Screen before. Weren't some of the Insider builds having sleep problems..?

Technically this is identified as a Security Update but when you click on it, you are directed to the site below. The KB 450xxxx numbers are from July of last year..

Oh well, I will have to keep a closer eye on my system. Maybe next time it will generate a dump file.

Reaction score
I was looking at my WindowsUpdate.log and noticed one of the recent updates cleaned out most of my SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. It may have been doing this for a while but I just noticed..

Since my situation happened while I had left the system in sleep while I was outside, I did not see how it happened. But I am fairly sure the system woke up to check for updates.. There are no other indications a problem occurred except for the BSOD frown face and message.. Since the update had something to do with the Secure Boot system, maybe an anti-virus got involved.

Thanks for the info..

Reaction score
Hmm. Curious. I haven't had this delivered yet, although it says it is available through normal updates. I will resist the temptation to do it manually and wait and see if it does come through eventually.

Reaction score
Well the last SSU I installed was on KB4538674 Servicing Stack Update Windows 10 v1903 and v1909 - Feb. 11
I haven't seen the KB4524244 and Its not in my update history so I guess I don't have to worry about this one, if is been recalled

Ask a Question