SOLVED Setting Office 2016 defaults

Reaction score
Each time I choose to open an .xlsx file, a drop down box asks which program I want to use in order to open the document. When I go to my 'default' settings, the box next to .xlsx is solid purple color and will not permit me to default to Excel 2016.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
Have you been to the 'set defaults by app ' down at the bottom of the default section in settings and set Excel2016 in there to 'open all that it can open' That works for me. BUT if you use that for some apps you will get results you didn't necessarily want....like Edge opening Ebooks for instance.

Reaction score
Have you been to the 'set defaults by app ' down at the bottom of the default section in settings and set Excel2016 in there to 'open all that it can open' That works for me. BUT if you use that for some apps you will get results you didn't necessarily want....like Edge opening Ebooks for instance.
This problem solved itself. The second time I checked the default section, the file in question had its 'Excel 2016' assignment in order. My initial post was premature.

Ask a Question