SOLVED File Block settings in M Office 2013

Reaction score
Using W10 and MWord 2013 pro plus. I don't know if this fits with W10 problems but if you know a better place to go, send me in that direction.

I opened a disc full of Word docs from 1993. It won't let me open or save the docs. I get this notice:

This error occurs when you open a Microsoft Office file type blocked by File Block settings in the Trust Center. To enable this file type, do the following:
Click the File tab.
Click Options.
Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
In the Trust Center, click File Block Settings.
To open documents with this file type, disable the registry policy setting. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922850.

I opened the file tab, options, trust center and went to trust center settings. Under the file block settings I changed everything over to accepted.
I went back to the doc and I still got the same message.
What am I doing incorrectly?

Reaction score
OK. I reread the knowledge base article. A little note I missed says that checking the file blocks it; unchecking the file allows it to open. Funny thing is the top of the table says open and save. You'd think that checking a box would then allow it to open or to save. MY BAD!

Ask a Question