Setting up a simple FTP

Reaction score
Hello there! I've decided to try to set up a small FTP server to use so that I can easily work on a project from home and from school on two different computers and it isn't going too well. I made an FTP server a few years ago so I know it's possible that I'm just making a simple mistake or missing a step when setting it up, but I believe the problem has to do with my funky internet. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me set up an FTP server which probably requires "fixing" my internet. I didn't set up my internet so I'm not exactly sure why it is how it is and how to reverse it. Here's how it works: I have Network1 and Network2. Network1 is my main network that almost all of my devices use (so if it's necessary, shutting down Network2 wouldn't be a problem) and it uses Eeros. Network2 uses a normal router, and regardless of what network you are connected to Network2's ip is displayed as the public ip, which might be the source of the problem.

Edit: It appears that Network1 relies on Network2, so if Network2 is turned off so is Network1, but not vice versa.

Edit2: Regardless of what I do I can't seem to port forward or access the FTP from another network, but I can only access it from the same computer if I'm using Network1

Last edited:
Reaction score
One thing my ISP told me some years ago when I developed my Domain was if I wanted the Domain on my computer I had to sign up for a Static IP address, would have nearly doubled my service cost. It turned out to be cheaper to have my Domain hosted on a Hosting Service, it's about 300 miles away and they provide E-Mail service. GoDaddy wasn't around then but that would have been a good alternative.

Mine allows FTP into it for uploading pages and files.

Ask a Question