SOLVED Skype Desktop Program (NOT MS Store APP) Issue

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Just a thought: have you tired the webcam on another system that is similar to yours and see if the same issue persists?

Reaction score
Can't you just unplug the webcam when it's not being used? That sounds like a easier option that reinstalling Windows and some of the other things that were suggested.

Reaction score
Greetings~

@bassfisher6522 No I have not tried nor do I have another computer available to try with that is similar at all to mine ..

Mine is totally custom built ..I picked the parts ..for particular reasons

@ram1220 YEAH I COULD ...MAYBE do that .. but it would still not entirely solve the problem/issue. It would be just putting a "bandaid" on the issue ..as far as I'm concerned.

** edited for some typos and grammatical errors***

Last edited:
Reaction score
Greetings everyone~

This problem is solved .. in a way .. :)

What I had to do was install the Logitech Webcam Software(LWS) NOT just the driver.

Within the LWS there are options in what is known as "Quick Capture" which mostly controls for Motion Detection for the Quick Capture .. should I choose to use the webcam as security camera of sorts.. and it has controls for the LED light itself to be Off, On or Auto.

With the selection for the LED set to OFF the LED Light is off at all times . Otherwise the same issue occurs if the LEC control is set to On or Auto.

Quick Capture is NOT activated by default anyway with or without the software. The LWS is needed to operate the Quick Capture feature.

Thank you all for trying to help in this situation and hope this helps anyone else who happens to run into this issue in the future.

LoneWolf

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Webcam : Logitech HD 720 HD C270 (with fully updated software from Logitech)

That is from your very first post....and we all took that as what you actually did. Then in your last post you say that's not what you did. That's just nuts.....as we are giving suggestions based on what was originally stated.

Advice: With every piece of hardware, there is a driver/software package that has to be installed for the device to work correctly. Always!

All that said....at least you figured it out and solved it.

Reaction score
To Bassfisher and all~

My sincere apologies for the miscommunication on that .. that was INDEED 100% my error .

I should not have said fully updated software .. I should have said updated DRIVERS.. as I did not initially nor have I, to my recollection, ever installed or been required to install the full software package from Logitech, before this issue presented itself.

In all actually, the entry in my Add/Remove programs does list the LWS even if it's only the drivers that are installed.

The full software package itself DOES NOT need to be installed for the webcam to be 'just used' in the way I mainly use it .. which is with Skype.

Again my sincere apologies for the miscommunication on this issue.
~LoneWolf

Ask a Question