Skype vs Google Hangouts for Business?

Reaction score
Which of the above is convenient and safe for businesses? I think Skype has a lot of business benefits and is better for business purpose, but some colleagues are insisting that Google hangouts is much more easy to use and more secure. How true is that? I remember reading articles on security vulnerabilities of Google hangouts. I haven't heard anything similar about Skype. Can someone advise me about this? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bif

Reaction score
I've only used Skype myself, in my humble opinion...to think of anything being safe from vulnerabilities and prying eyes on the internet is a futile endeavour.Maybe it's just my cynical old age talking..but I don't believe one is more secure than the other.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nothing is "Safe" on the internet. It comes down to what type of information you are trying to keep secure.
If it accounts, CC numbers, banking information and it was my business, I would be going the encrypted .pdf route. I'm sure there are many business operators on this forum that would be more qualified than me, and give you the best all round solution. I'm a fanatic on securing personal information, any documents or correspondence that contains any kind of personal info, name, address, account numbers... get shredded before recycling.
Even old CD's

Ask a Question