SOLVED Somebody Needs to Create a New App!

Reaction score
I have been frustrated with appointments I overlook in my Outlook calendar because they were not readily visible due to the number of weeks shown on the calendar, depending on where the first and last day of a particular month fell during a week. Having a tiny grey arrow pointing down to indicate that there are appointments you cannot see is just not acceptable. Recently I learned that if you take your mouse and highlight weeks in the calanders shown in the Folder Pane, that is the number of weeks shown in the main calendar. If you highlight 4 weeks, 4 weeks show up on the main calendar and the resulting larger size of the calendar allows you to view up to 5 appointments per day. Unfortunately, when you leave the calendar view and return later it reverts to the view choice you originally selected in the ribbon at the top of Outlook: "Day," "Work Week," "Week," or "Month." I'm no programmer, but since the "Day," "Work Week," "Week," or "Month" settings are available in the ribbon and you are able to temporairly choose "2 Weeks," "3 Weeks," or "4 Weeks," there must be some way to insert the "2 Weeks," "3 Weeks," or "4 Weeks," somewhere, somehow and have them "stick" or be initiated each time you switch to the calendar view. I have seen complaints about this Outlook feature for as long as Outlook has existed. If someone created a way to offer these additional calendar view settings I, and I think many others, would be very glad to pay for it.

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. I have used the CompanionLink PIM since it was released and while I don't want to sound like their rep, I couldn't exist without it. It works fantastic with Windows and keeps my calendar and contacts synced between my desktop, laptop and my smart phone either on demand or automatically. My problem is not with getting that data to Outlook, but what it does with it once it has it. As an example, in the Outlook "Month" calendar view for January 2022 it shows 6 weeks making each "day" window so small you can only see 3 appointments + the tiny grey down arrow. I would like to have a "2 Week," "3 Week," and "4 Week" setting in the Outlook ribbon to limit the number of weeks Outlook shows and thus make each day larger. If you choose 4 weeks for January , as you can manually do temporairly, each day expands in size to allow you to view 5 appointents a day instead of the 3 appointments shown in the January 2022 default "Month" view. Microsoft has not been interested in providing this so my post was to see if someone else could.

Ask a Question