Spider Solitaire not working.

Reaction score
within last couple of days when clicking on to spider solitaire, a box appears saying signing in please wait. There is also a circle of moving blue dots. it just stays like that.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Hi there have been so trouble signing into any Microsoft Game this last week or so.
Is there any error message appearing or like a cancel button as I have found sometimes if you click the cancel button you will find you are logged in

Reaction score
Hi there have been so trouble signing into any Microsoft Game this last week or so.
Is there any error message appearing or like a cancel button as I have found sometimes if you click the cancel button you will find you are logged in

There is no error button, just the box saying signing in, but it will not actually sign in/hangs. When the internet connection is turned off then it works without issue, so I assume it is something to do with the sign in service?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Have you tried completing the sign in to Xbox? That appears to be what is hanging

Reaction score
Open xbox (in the start Menu) an make sure your account is in order there.

Reaction score
within last couple of days when clicking on to spider solitaire, a box appears saying signing in please wait. There is also a circle of moving blue dots. it just stays like that.
I have a new DELL laptop and have been playing spider solitaire for about a month, suddenly it would not open no matter what I did. THEN I read on another forum that if your laptop comes with McAfee Anti Virus and you decide not to use it and your free period expires, that's when you start to have trouble with the solitaire games suite. So the recommendation was to go to 'control' and delete the McAfee program. I thought I'd give it a go, and amazing, my solitaire spider now works again. So clearly its a scam between Microsoft and McAfee,..... no pay, no play!!!

Reaction score
I have a new DELL laptop and have been playing spider solitaire for about a month, suddenly it would not open no matter what I did. THEN I read on another forum that if your laptop comes with McAfee Anti Virus and you decide not to use it and your free period expires, that's when you start to have trouble with the solitaire games suite. So the recommendation was to go to 'control' and delete the McAfee program. I thought I'd give it a go, and amazing, my solitaire spider now works again. So clearly its a scam between Microsoft and McAfee,..... no pay, no play!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I got so fed up with Windows 10 with spider solitaire and various other issues such as emails that my son removed Windows 10 and installed the Linux Mint operating system. Everything works fine on there, including Spider Solitaire and my emails.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I got so fed up with Windows 10 with spider solitaire and various other issues such as emails that my son removed Windows 10 and installed the Linux Mint operating system. Everything works fine on there, including Spider Solitaire and my emails.
Good for you! Everyday something new that doesn't work or I need to solve gets old. Wish I had your son to help me. LOL. I don't understand why windows 10 is so difficult problem ridden?

Reaction score

Yep, I have trouble with emails in the outbox taking an inordinately long time to be sent and sometimes they send the same email up to 20 times. Only way to stop it is to disconnect from the internet, so the email does not keep trying to send, and then deleting it from the outbox. It is impossible to delete the email from the outbox while it is sending..... I'll take out Windows 10 and replace it with good old Windows 7

Ask a Question