SOLVED Spider Solitaire

Reaction score
Recently upgraded to Windows10 Pro. Solitaire worked for a time but now when I deal the cards, it holds for two seconds, then reverts back to desktop. If I turn my router off, it will play! I play it (or did) a lot so it is very annoying. I am not very well up on computers but have read that if I can somehow remove it, sometimes it won't reload. Has anyone a simple answer? I got in touch with Microsoft Support who wanted 99 USD to fix it!
I much preferred the solitaire on Windows 7/WP and only wish I could use that again.

Reaction score
Hi muff. After the anniversary update, the MS solitaire collection would not work for me. What ever game I selected would flash once and nothing, just the desktop showed. I simply uninstalled it by right clicking the tile and choosing "uninstall", then went to the store and reinstalled. That worked for me but I've read not for everyone.
As far as the older games, go to Winaero scroll down to Winaero specials and download Windows 7 games for Windows 10 and Windows 8. Read and follow the instructions and you're all set. I'm glad to have those back as well as the new ones.

Reaction score
Hi muff. After the anniversary update, the MS solitaire collection would not work for me. What ever game I selected would flash once and nothing, just the desktop showed. I simply uninstalled it by right clicking the tile and choosing "uninstall", then went to the store and reinstalled. That worked for me but I've read not for everyone.
As far as the older games, go to Winaero scroll down to Winaero specials and download Windows 7 games for Windows 10 and Windows 8. Read and follow the instructions and you're all set. I'm glad to have those back as well as the new ones.
The first part worked like a dream, once I summoned up the courage to carry it out! And I can now play Spider Solitaire thanks to you.
Regarding the Winaero site, the file seems to be there and I have the icon on the desktop but can't get the games. Whether the Winaero Tweaker box is ticked or unticked, Any ideas?
Recently upgraded to Windows10 Pro. Solitaire worked for a time but now when I deal the cards, it holds for two seconds, then reverts back to desktop. If I turn my router off, it will play! I play it (or did) a lot so it is very annoying. I am not very well up on computers but have read that if I can somehow remove it, sometimes it won't reload. Has anyone a simple answer? I got in touch with Microsoft Support who wanted 99 USD to fix it!
I much preferred the solitaire on Windows 7/WP and only wish I could use that again.

Reaction score

Reaction score
Once I had summoned up the courage to do it, it worked like a dream - now I am back in business, thanks to you! Regarding the Windows 7 version on the Winaero site, the files seem to have downloaded and I have put the shortcut on desktop, but nothing opens up. Whether I click or unclick the Winaero Tweaker box, I get as far as Welcome to Windows 7 games to Windows10 & Set up wizard and installed files, then nothing seems to happen. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
That should be a zipped file. Have you extracted it? Once extracted, the installation should work when you click the application.
If it did install then check your games file in the start menu.

Reaction score
That should be a zipped file. Have you extracted it? Once extracted, the installation should work when you click the application.
If it did install then check your games file in the start menu.

Reaction score
I did as you said and It has worked! Have just played my first game with it and I can see the cards a lot clearer!. You will gather that I don't really understand what I am doing. Thank you so much for helping me.

Ask a Question