Spider Solitaire

Reaction score
A few years ago I installed a version of Spider Solitaire from the Windows store. This version, unlike all others I have seen, allowed the user to simply click on a card for it to move to another pile, instead of clicking and dragging as seems to be the normal method of making a move.

I recently had to reset my PC, reinstalling Windows 10, and in the process removing all of my files. Prior to the reset I made a backup copy of everything on my computer.

I would now like to reinstall this version of Spider Solitaire, but it is no longer available in the Windows store. Unfortunately I don’t recall the name of the maker of this app.

Is it possible to reinstall it from the files which I have backed up? Where among those files would the app be stored? Will I be looking for an exe file or something different?

Alternatively, if anyone can recognize the particular version from my description and can point me to another source, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Reaction score
HI Robert,

there is something in your Windows Start menu menu called Microsoft Solitaire Collection , have a search through that!. :)

msc.JPG

Reaction score
No disrespect intended, but, I am a dedicated card player, including spider. I cannot see how it could be played with a random click option. There are, inevitably, choices, and a click could not determine those??

Reaction score
No disrespect intended, but, I am a dedicated card player, including spider. I cannot see how it could be played with a random click option. There are, inevitably, choices, and a click could not determine those??

The click always chose the pile which already had more cards, ie if one pile had 7 down to 2 and another pile had 4 down to 2, clicking on an ace would place it on the first of those two piles. If two piles were equal it would choose the left-most pile.

And if you wanted to you could always over-ride this automatic feature by dragging as in the more common game.

Robert

Reaction score
Please, in the interest of relevance/currency, be sure to check the date of the last reply, this one was over a year ago. In the constantly-changing computer world a month or two can be a long time.

Ask a Question