Standby issue

Reaction score
I'm running a dual boot system with independent disks on a desk top with win7 to test drive win10, the win7 system has a working standby mode but on the win10 OS this is not available?

Reaction score
I'm running a copy of windows 10 technical preview and it doesn't have the standby option? Shutdown and restart are present.

Reaction score
Is Sleep showing greyed out (so, present) or not showing at all (so, not present)? My menu shows: Sleep ----- Shutdown ----- Restart
with Sleep at the top. I'm asking this because it may be related to a setting in your power plan (accessed through the screen saver box).

Reaction score
No SLEEP, only Shut down and Restart, if I right click the "Flag" Start button there is also the Sign out option.

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the Windows 7 Hard Drive when running Windows 10. The two OS's have some communication with each other when they are both connected at the same time.

P.S. I do mean physically disconnect - unplug the Win 7 drive.

Reaction score
Yes I will give it ago later on although I did have a some earlier problems with my win 7 disk that I had to replace and reinstall win 7, I had to run bootrec to find win 10 OS, I currently give preference to win 7 to boot due restarting for updates.

Reaction score
No SLEEP, only Shut down and Restart, if I right click the "Flag" Start button there is also the Sign out option.

If you right click the "Flag" Start button and mouse over the Shut down or sign out option - a sub-menu pops out on the right which gives you the choice of 'Sign Out' - 'Sleep' - 'Shut down' or 'Restart'.

Ask a Question