Start Menu Folder Location

Reaction score
I am looking for the location of the Start Menu Folder in File Explorer. I searched the internet, found it, and did some quick rearranging to the All Apps menu a few weeks back. I want to make some more changes and rearrangements and cannot seem to find this location again.

Any help appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
And
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble, that is close but not exactly what I am looking for. When I click on the Start icon, then scroll down to All Apps, I want to find the folder that shows the same list as that. See the JPEG attached.
Start Menu.jpg

Reaction score
I think the answer to that is that there isn't one. It is wrapped into the code somewhere.

I wanted to get rid of the alphabetical listing system, and was told abruptly, by MS, that it was not possible.

Reaction score
It's there somewhere, I found something on line a few weeks ago. By using File Explorer I was able to move many programs into a listing called Utilities. They now reside in there. The path you gave seemed familiar, but not quite the same.

I have an App listing called DVD Stuff and when I look at it some documentation PDF is listed 12 times. I wanted to see the file folder just to verify if I could delete the extras.

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
That sounds like a personal customised folder.

Have you tried the search facility to look for it.?

You could also right lick one of the PDF files, then more and then "open file location"

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. I did that and found them. Turns out it was versions in multiple languages, lol. I deleted the ones I didn't need.

Ask a Question